Search This Blog

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sunday Brunch Part II

Well, my Sunday brunch didn't turn out to be the way I had envisioned. Sadly, my poor mom ended up in the hospital that weekend. She was out by Saturday afternoon and thankfully was well enough to join us Sunday morning. I did make the Chicken Posole, which everyone loved! My friends helped out by adding some pastries, which I have to say, I was a good girl and didn't touch any of it. (No matter how good it smelled!) And most importantly, we enjoyed a few Mimosa's together.  It was a good time and my momma was happy. It's strange when your parents get to that age when you start worrying about their health and well being more than ever. This was a wake up call for me and now we're planning on joining a Zumba class together so we can both stay healthy.

I did treat myself to a delicious solo breakfast the following day. I try not to eat too many breads but, since I had bought some to make French toast, I went ahead and made myself some.

I used the Brown Rice bread from Trader Joe's. It's about half the size of regular sliced bread but much denser, not so good for a sandwich but, great for French toast. I made a mixture of egg, a splash of almond milk, a tad of vanilla, lots of cinnamon and a sprinkle of nutmeg. Melt some butter on the griddle, dip the bread and cook. I topped it with the left over fruit salad from the day before, which consisted of papaya, mango, pineapple and a splash of rum. Then topped it with Agave Maple Syrup (from Trader Joe's) and a dollop of whipped cream.  We all deserve to spoil ourselves with some good sweetness every now and then...so try it out and let me know what you think.

Have a lovely day everyone~

No comments:

Post a Comment